The 'Foundation Award' is all about the paddlesports community! It has everything to do with the professionals and volunteers who, above all else, take care of their people and uphold core values such as responsibility, accountability, integrity, gender equality, fairness and good sportsmanship in the pursuit of excellence.
This category acknowledges achievement behind-the-scenes by people from all walks-of-life, including, to name a few:
- Support staff: national team management, coaches, psychologists, performance analysts, dieticians, nutritionists, physiotherapists, medics, administrators
- Volunteers: officials, marshals, lifeguards, club management and staff, parents
- Educators: educational programs and projects, instructors, examiners, exam-writers, teachers, conservationists
- Event-organisers: local government and comittees, outdoor centres, charities
- Sports administrators and federations
All nominees for this award are incredible people who are the foundation of our sport.
The nominee must have been actively involved in paddlesports over the last year.
The 'Foundation Award' was formerly known as 'Paddlesport Professional'. Following the sheer diversity of nominees received for the 2014-15 cycle in this category, a decision was made by Academy Members to split this award into two; 'Foundation Award' and 'Industry Professional'.