PARACANOEING TEAM (Great Britain) - Nominee for 'Sports Team of the Year'
- Sport: paracanoe sprint (K1 and V1), representing: Great Britain
- 2014 World Championships Moscow: 6 x gold, 3 x silver – GOLD for Jeanette Chippington K1W [A] and V1W [A], Emma Wiggs K1W [TA] and V1W [TA], Andrea Green V1W [LTA], Anne Dickins K1W [LTA] | SILVER for Jonny Young V1 [TA], Martin Teedie V1 [TA] and Ian Marsden K1 [A]
- 2014 European Championships, Brandenburg: 7 x gold, 2 x silver – GOLD for Jeanette Chippington K1W [A] and V1W [A], Emma Wiggs V1W [TA], Andrea Green V1W [LTA], Anne Dickins K1W [LTA], Ian Marsden K1 [A] and Martin Teedie V1 [LTA] | SILVER for: Emma Wiggs K1W [TA] and Jonny Young V1 [TA].
Team GB paracanoeing have been dominant in the world and European spotlights over the last couple of years.
They have been nominated for WPA Team of the Year for their incredible 2014 season, particularly at the ICF Canoe Sprint World Championships in Moscow where they went one better than their previous-standing record of 5 golds with 6 – their most successful Worlds ever!
A monumental achievement, GB's paracanoeists (men and women combined) have also topped the medal table at the last three consecutive World Championships: Moscow 2014 (6 gold, 3 silver, 0 bronze), Duisburg 2013 (5 gold, 3 silver, 1 bronze) and Poznan 2012 (5 gold, 1 bronze).
GB's Andrea Green retained her World title from the previous Championships shaving two seconds off her 2013 time, along with 8-time World Champion Jeanette Chippington who has won the K1W (A) category consecutively since 2012.
More about GB Paracanoeing
Team GB Paracanoeing is funded by UK National Lottery funding and managed by GB Canoeing, a branch of the national governing body for the sport in the UK; British Canoeing.
Under GB Canoeing's Podium Potential Programme there are 15 funded paracanoe athletes working towards the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games and senior international competition, with a further 3 athletes in the Talent Confirmation Programme.
- GB Canoeing Performance Director – John Anderson
- GB Paracanoeing Programme Manager (Head Coach) – Steve Harris
- GB Paracanoeing Technical Coaches – Colin Radmore, Matt Lawrence, Steve Train, John Griffiths
This is a 2014 archived nominee. For the 2015 nominees click on the button below.