EMMA AASTRAND JØRGENSEN (Denmark) - Nominee for the 'Sports Junior of the Year'
- Born: 1996, sport(s): canoe sprint (K1W, K2W, K4W), represents: Denmark
- 2014: World Champion K2W 1000m and 17th in K1W 200m, Junior World Champion K1W 200m and K1W 500m
- 2013: Junior World Champion K1W 200m and K1W 500m
Denmark's 18-year old from Bagsværd 12km North of Copenhagen is certainly one to watch out for in future international canoe sprint competition; the canoeing community has noticed her sensational achievements in the field of canoe sprint this season and as a result nominated her for a World Paddle Award.
At her debut senior World Championships in 2014, Emma blew the Moscow crowd away with partner Henriette Hansen in winning the K2W 1000m with a time of 03:33:78.
In 2014 she also defended her Junior World titles in 200 and 500m, no mean feat with such strong challengers in the youth field.
In 2013 at the Junior World Championships in Welland, Canada she won Heat 2 of the K4W 500m race with teammates Petersen, Christensen and Rikke Jorgensen; the foursome finished 7th in the final.
Activities and achievements off the water:
- Emma used to play handball before she started with canoe sprint
- She loves candy cake and chocolate
This is a 2014 archived nominee. For the 2015 nominees click on the button below.