We are proud - for the fifth year in a row - to reveal the nominees in all seven award categories for the 2018 World Paddle Awards (WPA).
The nominations are in, both the public and the WPA Academy members have put forward their requests for this year's potential winners.Thank you to all the people who submitted their nominations for athletes and those involved in paddlesports who deserve to win a Golden Paddle for their achievements this year.
By award, the list of 2018 nominees is:
- Sportsman: Cory Hill (AUS), Curtis McGrath (AUS), Fernando Pimenta (POR), Jack Playford (GBR), Jose Ramalho (POR), Quim Fontane Maso (ESP), Steeve Teihotaata (PYF), Team Slovakia C1 Slalom (SVK)
- Sportswoman: Danuta Kozak (HUN), Emma Wiggs (GBR), Helena Ripa (SWE), Jessica Fox (AUS), Laurence Vincent-Lapointe (CAN), Martina Satkova (CZE), Oceane Lucas (FRA)
- Lifetime Achievement: Claudia van Wijk (CAN), Csaba Szanto (HUN), Jackie Dillon (AUS), Peter Micheler (GER), Roberto D'Angelo (ITA), Sabine Eichenberger (SUI)
- Foundation Award: Alicia Casas Zaragoza (ESP), Aniol and Gerd Serrasolses (ESP), Bradley John Fisher (RSA), Colin Radmore (GBR), Joe Mornini (USA), Kate Culverwell and Anna Blackwell (GBR), Myriam Fox (AUS), Rob Thompson (GBR), Zbigniew Miazek (POL)
- Junior: Barbora Dimovova (CZE), Benedek Kos (HUN), Eva Alina Hocevar (SLO), Doriane Delassus (FRA), Ottilie Robinson-Shaw (GBR), Sophia Jensen (CAN), Terence Saramadif (MRI), Thorbjorn Rask (DEN), Tom Dolle (FRA)
- Media Professional: Carolyn Cooper (AUS), Craig Freimond (RSA), Daniel Stach (CZE), Joe Jacobi (USA), Julien Billaut (FRA), Ken Whiting (CAN), Olaf Obsommer (GER)
- Team: Essequibo (GBR), Germany Canoe Polo (GER), Outer Harbour Warriors (CAN), Shell Va'a (PYF), TR HIKO (CZE), TR OMEGA (CZE)
Congratulations to all of the 2018 nominees for being nominated!
Public voting closes Sunday 9 December 2018 ... so get voting!
A full explanation of the voting procedure can be found here.